Viet Nam News
with chef Patrick Ho from Fortuna Hotel Hanoi
Love is in the air this February. Let Fortuna Hotel Hanoi warm your heart with sweet delicious cream puffs. An easy-to-make recipe for this month full of love!
Ingredients: serves 24
· 1/2 cup (one stick) butter
· 1 cup water
· 1 cup flour
· 4 eggs
· 2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding (100ml each)
· 1 1/3 cup cold whole milk
· 226g sour cream
· Powdered sugar to taste
To make the cream puffs:
- Preheat oven to 3750C.
- Melt stick of butter and water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Stir in flour and stir vigorously over low heat until mixture leaves the pan (comes off the sides) and is in a ball (about 1 minute).
- Remove from heat and cool for a couple of minutes.
- Beat in eggs (one at a time) with a mixer.
- Beat mixture until smooth and velvety.
- Drop walnut-sized spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake until dry, 20-25 minutes (maybe longer).
- Allow cream puffs to cool completely.
Chef Patrick Ho
For the filling:
- Mix instant vanilla pudding with whole milk until the pudding is dissolved.
- Add sour cream until thick.
- Put mixture in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Slice the cream puffs in half and fill with the chilled pudding mixture.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
You can sample the cream puffs at Fortuna Hotel, 6B Láng Hạ St, Ba Đình Dist, Hà Nội. Tel: (84 – 4) 3831 3333 – 6435/6437/6413. Website: firstname.lastname@example.org | fortuna.vn.