This Đà Lạt specialty will keep you coming back for more.
Viet Nam News
with head chef Vũ Anh Đức from the Sheraton Hanoi Hotel
This weekend, chef Đức brings you a mushroom feast from one of the country’s favourite tourist destinations, Đà Lạt city.
Ingredients: serves 4
- 300g king oyster mushroom (fungus)
- 300g oyster mushroom
- 300g shiitake
- 300g beech mushroom
- 1 onion
- 20g thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 100g butter
- 1l cream
- 1l milk
- Few macadamias
- 1 packet of Đà Lạt fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 70g truffle puree
- 20 mil truffle oil
- 2 shallots
- Pepper and salt to taste
Chef Đức from the Sheraton Hanoi Hotel.
- Clean and poach all the mushrooms. Stir-fry 150g of mushrooms with shallots.
- In another pan, stir-fry the rest of the mushrooms with onion and shallot. Then pour in some water, and boil until well-cooked. After that, grind and strain to make the mushroom soup base.
- Bake macadamias until golden then smash them.
- Slice Mozzarella into thin slices, season with some salt, pepper and truffle oil. Leave the cheese in the refrigerator to absorb the seasoning.
- Heat the mushroom soup base up then add cream, milk, butter and season to taste with truffle puree, salt and pepper.
First put the stir-fried mushrooms into the bowl, pour mushroom soup in, finally top the soup bowl with seasoned mozzarella and smashed macadamias.
You can sample the dish at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, K5 Nghi Tàm, 11 Xuân Diệu St, Tây Hồ Dist, Hà Nội. Tel: +(84)4 3719 9000. Website: sheraton.com/hanoi, sheratonhanoi.com.