With Chef Đỗ Minh Hạnh from Pane e Vino Italian restaurant in Hà Nội
|Spaghetti alle Vongole|
Time 25 minutes (after clams were soaked in salty water for 2 hours)
- Fresh clams: 1 kg
- Spaghetti: 240 g
- Garlic: 6 cloves
- Olive oil: 30 ml
- Butter: 2 tsp
- Tarragon: a bunch
- White wine: 30 ml
- Martini: 20 ml
- Thyme & parsley leaves
- 1 red chilli
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tomato sauce: 1 cup
- Spaghetti: 500 g
|Chef Đỗ Minh Hạnh|
- Soak the clams in water with a dash of salt, and slice a hot red chilli into the mixture, after two hours, drain the clams, wash clean.
- In a pot add a bowl of water, bring the clams to boil, drain, and keep five shells for decoration.
- In a pan on high medium heat, add olive oil, then add garlic cloves, lower to medium heat and cook the garlic until golden.
- Add the clams into the garlic oil, salt and pepper, and white wine for five minutes. Add thyme, parsley and butter, and add the shells on top.
- In a pot, boil the spaghetti with a dash of salt, leave for 8 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, add to the clam pan, and mix well for 3 minutes. If you like tomato sauce, add the sauce to the pan and mix well.
Serve hot with parmigiano. VNS