with Home cook Tara Nu from TARA's Recipes channel.
A classic eclair filled with pastry cream is a perfect choice for parties or afternoon tea. Follow the recipe of home cook Tara Nu and you will be able to make this lovely dessert in no time.
Home cook Tara Nu
- Water: 75ml
- Unsweetened fresh milk: 75ml
- Butter: 60g
- White sugar: 5g
- Salt: 1g
- All-purpose flour: 80g
- Eggs: 110g - 130g
Classic eclairs filled with pastry cream
- Put the fresh milk, water, butter, sugar and salt in a pot. Simmer until the butter has melted and the mixture comes to a boil then turn off the stove and take off the pot.
- Add flour to the mixture in the pot, use a spatula to mix well until the mixture is smooth and there is no more dry flour. Return the pot to the stove, turn on to low heat and spread the flour to the bottom as well as the side of the pot for another one minute to evaporate all the steam, then lift it out.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs to the flour. Make sure to mix well before adding the eggs. Continue mixing until you have a smooth batter, which will reluctantly drop off the end of your spatula.
- Pour the flour mixture into the piping bag. Pipe the dough onto a baking tray and bake at 170 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes, then reduce to 150 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes. After baking, the choux should be puffed, golden and sound hollow when tapped.
- Baked eclairs can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer. For eating, re-bake at 150 degrees until warm, let the choux cool and finally add pastry cream. VNS