with Chef Lê Đức Hải from Ngon Garden Restaurant in Hà Nội
|Chef Lê Đức Hải|
(for three portions)
- Chicken: 1 (1.5- 1.8 kg)
- Minced garlic: 50 g
- Minced lemongrass: 50 g
- Minced chilli: 4 tbsp
- Lá giang sour leaves: 20 g
- Salt: 3 tsp
- Sugar: 4 tbsp
- Broth mix: 1 tbsp
- Fresh onions: 4
- Sesame oil: 1 tbsp
- Cooking oil: 4 tbsp
|Grilled chicken with lemongrass and chilli|
- Clean the chicken, and carefully cover with salt or lime juice to deodorize and rewash it.
- Use the minced ginger and a little white wine to cover the chicken and leave for 30 minutes before grilling.
- Mix the ingredients well and then evenly cover the outside and inside of the chicken and leave for 20-30 minutes.
- Using a skewer to grill the chicken over a charcoal oven. During the regularly turn the chicken and sometimes drizzle with cooking oil to ensure that it doesn't burn.
- Keep cooking until the chicken is a deep brown-yellow colour.
- The final grilled chicken has an attractive bronze with the fragrant smell of mixed lemongrass, garlic and chilli.
The dish is more enjoyable when dipped in chilli sauce mixed with salt, lime juice and pepper. VNS