Wednesday, July 24 2019

VietNamNews

Lâm Đồng restaurant fined VNĐ80 million in food poisoning case

Update: July, 10/2019 - 18:29

 

Patients are treated for food poisoning at Di Linh District’s Health Centre. — Photo thanhnien.vn

LÂM ĐỒNG — The People's Committee of Central Highlands Lâm Đồng Province has fined Hoàng Vy Restaurant VNĐ80 million (US$3,500) for its involvement in a food poisoning case that affected 136 local residents, the local authorities said on Tuesday.

The restaurant is located in Lộc Châu Commune in Bảo Lộc City.

On May 12, the Di Linh District Health Centre received 136 people with symptoms of fever, abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea after eating food at a wedding party at the restaurant, according to Thanh niên (Young people) newspaper.

Doctors suspected food poisoning and immediately gave first aid and treated the patients.

At the time, the restaurant owner was told to shut down until further notice.

The province’s Department of Food Safety and Hygiene, in co-ordination with Di Linh District authorities, took five samples of leftover food from the wedding party for testing. 

Test results showed that all five samples were contaminated with E.coli and Staphylococcus aureus bacteria.

Agencies determined that the food poisoning was caused by microbial toxins (also called Staphylococcus aureus toxin).

After the food poisoning cases were confirmed, authorities suspended all business operations of the restaurant for three months (from May 13 to August 13).

Its owner Nguyễn Ngọc Diễm had to pay all the costs of treatment for patients at health centres. — VNS

  • Tags:

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: