With Thai chef Suriyan Boon-Oi, executive sous chef of Windsor Plaza Hotel
|Thai chef Suriyan Boon-Oi. VNS Photo|
Windsor Plaza Hotel in HCM City is presenting the best of Thai street food at its Café Central An Dong just in time for the Songkran festival.
To celebrate Thai culture and cuisine, the feast presents culinary favourites from fresh salads to succulent chicken satay, and, of course, a collection of aromatic curries, especially stir-fried crab curry.
All of the sumptuous dishes and more are overseen by Thai chef Suriyan Boon-Oi, who says the flavours of Thai cuisine are rightly revered around the world. “Thai food is really inseparable from Thai culture and that is what we are aiming to bring to our guests, and we are sure they will be fully delighted.”
|Stir-fried crab curry. VNS Photo|
Ingredients for four persons
- Whole flower crab: 2
- Chicken eggs: 3
- Oyster sauce: 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce: 2tbsp
- Fish sauce: 1 tbsp
- White sugar: 2 tbsp
- Yellow curry: 1 tbsp
- Corn flour diluted with water: 1 tbsp
- Chicken stock soup: 200 ml
- Whipping cream: 50 ml
- Carnation milk: 50 ml
- Thai chili oil paste: 2 tbsp
- Chili oil: 100 ml
- Cooking oil: 1 tbsp
- Chopped garlic: 20 gr
- Sliced onion: 100 gr
- Green onion: 30 gr ( cut 2 cm)
- Chinese celery: 30 gr
- Red chili: 1 big piece
- Black pepper: ½ tsp
- Chinese whisky: 20 ml
- Steam flower crabs about one minute and take out.
- Put cooking oil into hot pan and stir-fry garlic and steam flower crab, then cook with chicken stock soup.
- Season crabs with Chinese whisky, oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, white sugar, black pepper, yellow curry and Thai chili oil paste.
- Pour the whipping cream, Carnation milk and corn flour into the flower crab.
- Then add Chinese celery, sliced onion, green onion. Cook until all ingredients are well mixed and thickened. We mix some chili oil and eggs to give a nice colour.
- Set the crab curry on a plate and garnish with red chili.
The crab delicacy is available at the Taste of Thailand until May 2 at Café Central An Dong, Windsor Plaza Hotel, at 18 An Dương Vương Street in HCM City’s District 5. For reservations, call (028) 3833 6688 or visit facebook.com/cafecentralandong. VNS