With Chef de Cuisine Nguyễn Hưng Thông from Oven d’Or Restaurant in Sheraton Hanoi Hotel
According to chef Thông, the healthy and delicious soup has a great amount of protein, calcium and minerals.
Crab spinach soup with conpoy
Ingredients: for 1 portion
- Spinach 50 gr
- Japanese scallop 1 pcs
- Conpoy 10 gr
- Crab meat 10 gr
- Potato starch 12 gr
- Chicken powder 1 tsp
- Fish sauce 3 tsp
- Sugar 1/3 tsp
- Chicken egg 2 pcs
- Chicken stock 300 ml
* For decoration:
- Some Phú Quốc red pepper.
- A pansy flower.
Chef de Cuisine Nguyễn Hưng Thông
- Wash spinach and bring to a boil, then soak in cold water and puree.
- Soak conpoy in water for 1 hour, shred then boil.
- Pan-sear scallop on a heated pan with some cooking oil until golden.
- Mix potato starch with some water.
- Stir 1 egg and 1 egg white.
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil and add crab meat, fish sauce, sugar, chicken powder. Continue to add potato starch mixture to make the perfect texture, then gradually pour whisked egg.
- Pour spinach puree and continue cooking, then add conpoy and turn off the heat.
- Pour the soup and put a scallop in the middle.
- Decorate with Phú Quốc red pepper on the plate and put the flower on the top of scallop.
- Bon appetite!
You can enjoy the soup at Oven d’Or Restaurant in Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, K5 Nghi Tàm, 11 Xuân Diệu St, Tây Hồ Dist, Tel: (024) 37199000.