Grilled Australian Beef Ribeye
With Executive Chef Nguyễn Tiến Đức from Hotel de l’Opera Hanoi
Everyone loves a good barbecue. It's a way to cook that suits many occasions, a very special meal for special occasions or as an everyday surprise. Ribeye steaks contain great marbling which makes them one the most delicious steaks to grill.
Ingredients: For 1 portion
- Beef ribeye steaks 250gr
- Chicken stock 200ml
- Whipping cream 50ml
- Milk 50ml
- Trio capsicum 100gr (cut into square pieces)
- Fresh thyme 5gr (used as skewer for capsicum)
- Asparagus 100gr (half chopped, half set aside for décor)
- Balsamic 50ml
Chef Nguyễn Tiến Đức
How to cook:
- Preheat a grill to high heat (57oC for medium-rare, 63oC for medium, and 66oC for medium-well).
- Place ribeye steaks on a large platter. Brush them lightly on both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Transfer seasoned steaks to the hot grill, and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare, longer if desired.
- Remove steaks and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- In a small pan, sear the trio capsicum skewer and asparagus (for décor) for few minutes. Remove the skewer and asparagus and set aside.
- In the same pan, add in chicken stock, whipping cream and milk. When the mixture reach to a perfect heat, add in chopped asparagus, making luscious 'risotto'.
- Place steak on a plate, pour in ‘risotto’, topped with balsamic, and adorned with pan-seared asparagus and capsicum skewer.
You can enjoy this luscious Grilled Australian Beef Ribeye at Lautrec Restaurant, Ground Floor, Hotel de l’Opera Hanoi, 29 Tràng Tiền Street. For reservation, please call (024) 6282 5555, ext 6421.