|Chocolate Freedom Cake|
with Executive Chef Paul Smart from Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi
When US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un met for their two-day summit at the Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi in late February 2019, the White House asked for a special dessert to be included on the menu – Chocolate Freedom.
Chocolate Freedom, which is now available at Angelina, is a hot, runny-centered chocolate cake served with chocolate crumble, fresh berries and vanilla ice cream.
Serving: 6 portions
250g 75 per cent Bonnat couverture chocolate from Mexico
250g butter unsalted
5 egg yolks
5 whole eggs
80g soft flour
*Ice cream to serve on the side
|Executive Chef Paul Smart from Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi|
- Place 250g of chocolate with 250g of butter into a medium bowl.
- Meanwhile bring 5 egg yolks and 5 whole eggs with 125g of sugar to a light sabayon in a kitchen aid or using a hand held beater
- Fold the chocolate mixture in with the sabayon until it is fully combined. Then add the flour through well. Rest the mixture for 10 minutes in the fridge.
- Line the moulds with baking paper and lightly spray.
- Fill moulds 3/4’s full and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10-12 minutes, depending on the size of the mould
- Remove from the mould and serve on a plate with a scoop of ice cream.
Note: The chocolate fondant should be saucy in the centre
This dish is available at Angelina cocktail bar, whisky lounge and restaurant - Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi (15 Ngô Quyền Street, Hoàn Kiếm District, Hà Nội). Tel: +84 24 3826 6919, ext. 8200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.