Seafood water melon soup
with chef Patrick Ho from Fortuna Hanoi Hotel
Famous as a summer treat in Hong Kong, seafood winter melon soup is sometimes even praised as “the fountain of life”. A good soup is believed to whet the appetite and provide as many nutrients as the rest of the meal. Let’s try out our seafood winter melon soup, a soup so sweet and savoury that it will knock your socks right off.
Ingredients: serves 3-4
500g winter melon
20g crab meat
10g dried scallops
10g shiitake mushrooms
10g snakehead fish
150ml pork bone broth
chef Patrick Ho from Fortuna Hanoi Hotel
- Rinse the winter melon until clean, peel the rind off and divide it into thick slices.
- Remove the pulp and seeds of the melon slices then dip them into boiling water for a couple of minutes. Place them into bowls.
- Slice the seafood into small pieces and boil them quickly until they are half cooked before putting them into the melon slices.
- Boil the soup from pork bones to perfection then pour it over the melon slices and seafood.
- Put the dishes into the steamer for 10 minutes, and you'll nutritious and yummy seafood winter melon soup perfect for the summer.
This dish can be enjoyed at Fortuna Hotel Hanoi, 6B Láng Hạ Str, Ba Đình Dist, Hà Nội. Tel: 04 3831 3333, ext 6160 or visit fortuna.vn.