with culinary expert Hollenstein from Movenpick Hotel Hanoi
This seafood can be found from Campeche to Caribbean!
Ingredients: serves 3-4
8 prawns, frozen
2 egg white
8 tbs panko breadcrumbs
2 tbs coconut flakes
1 tbs organic flowers, dried
4 rapeseed oil
4 spring carrots
8 mini zucchini
40g asparagus tips, green
40g snow peas
4 spring onion
1 handfull mesclun salad
2 tbs olive oil
sea salt, black pepper to taste
4 orange, juice from 4 and zest from 2
4 tbs mayonnaise
Culinary expert Hollenstein
For the prawns:
- Peel the king prawns leaving the tail on, butterfly and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Brush with egg whites and coat in a half coconut half panko breadcrumbs mixture.
- Fry in a non-stick wok in hot oil until crispy. Drain on kitchen paper and sprinkle over the dried flowers.
For the garden vegetables:
- Prepare all the vegetables and portion the correct amount as per the picture. Blanch in salt water until cooked through, rinse in ice water, drain and pat dry.
- Season vegetables and salad leaves with olive oil, sea salt and black pepper, garnish with cress.
For the orange relish:
- Simmer the orange juice down with the freshly grated orange zest till it thickens to a syrupy liquid.
- Carefully mix the orange reduction with the mayonnaise, you should still be able to make out the swirls of orange in the mixture.
- Colorfully position the vegetables on an elongated plate and arrange coco prawns on top.
- Garnish the mesclun salad leaves and cress. Drizzle with some orange relish and serve alongside in a separate bowl.
You can sample the dish at Mövenpick Hotel Hanoi, 83A Lý Thường Kiệt St, Hoàn Kiếm Dist, Hà Nội. Tel: +84 24 38 22 28 00 ext 6133.