Viet Nam News
with executive chef Patrick Ho from Fortuna Hotel Hanoi
Cheng tng is one of the most favoured dessert in Hawker Centre in Singapore, combines an array of healthy dried ingredients as longan, date, snow fungus, lotus seed, malva nut, persimmon and pandan leaves. Delightful yet nutritious, cheng tng boosts the energy, helps to reduce blood pressure, soothes the throat and removes heat from body. If you are looking for a refreshing and cooling dessert, it is a perfect choice for you!
Ingredients: serves 1
5g pandan leaves, washed
10g dried longans
10g white fungi
5g red dates
15g dried persimmon, thinly sliced
15g lotus seed
20g sweet potato, cut into small dices
3g pong tai hai (sterculia lychnophora)
30g rock candy (rock sugar)
50g pearl barley
50g large sago
- Soak dried white fungi in water until soft, then cut into smaller pieces.
2. - Boil 1.4l water to a pot with panda leave.
3. - Add red date, sweet potato and rock sugar to boil in the water.
4. - Bring to boil and add pearl barley and sago.
5. - Add rock sugar, adjust to taste.
6. - Cook for 10 minutes till everything softens.
7. - Remove pandan leaves.
8. - Add persimmon and ping tai hai, let it sit for another 20min.
9. - The dessert can be served both hot and chill.
yo You can enjoy this dish at Fortuna Hotel Hanoi, 6B Láng Hạ St, Ba Đình Dist. Tel: 04 831 3333, ext 6216/17 for reservations.