Saturday, September 19 2020

VietNamNews

Provinces, cities conduct COVID-19 preventive measures

Update: July, 31/2020 - 08:00
Transporting essential necessities to medical workers and people at the C Đà Nẵng Hospital, which is under lockdown for COVID-19 supervision. — VNA/VNS Photo Trần Lê Lâm

HÀ NỘI — Provinces and cities across Việt Nam are urgently stepping up measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Chairman of the Thanh Hóa Province People’s Committee Nguyễn Đình Xứng on Thursday visited Sầm Sơn and Thanh Hóa cities to check the work of health authorities.

Both cities are popular tourism destinations and more than 1,100 people have been told to self-quarantine since July 8.

Sầm Sơn City sprayed sterilised substances on all coaches, at stations, and gave guidance to hotels in the city to set up a list of people at high risk and supervise them.

Thanh Hóa City organised a steering committee meeting to discuss ways to spread preventive measures to every village and ward. Inspections will be conducted in every locality.

Northern Bắc Kạn province also made a list of people with symptoms of respiratory diseases and suspected cases and took samples for tests.

Nguyễn Thái Hồng, deputy director of the provincial centre for diseases control said there were about 500 people in the province returning from central Đà Nẵng city. All of them have been put under supervision.

Central Thừa Thiên-Huế province set up eight medical supervision stations in districts, Huế Railway Station and Phú Bài International Airport to check people’s temperatures.

Border guards in northern mountainous province of Lạng Sơn have discovered many people illegally entering Việt Nam via border lines.

Senior lieutenant colonel Ninh Văn Bình, from the Chi Ma Border Guard Station, said the soldiers work closely with local authorities and are on duty around the clock to prevent illegal entry, exit and trafficking.

The station has seized 11 people for organising illegal entry and exit so far this year, discovering 68 trafficking cases and withdrew different kinds of trafficked goods worth more than VNĐ600 million (US$25,870).  

In the central province of Quảng Bình, the Cha Lo Border Guard Station in Minh Hóa District on Wednesday seized two people on the way to illegally exit to Laos. The two people, aged 32 and 37, did not have necessary paperwork and did not follow COVID-19 prevention regulations. — VNS

 

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: