Viet Nam News
with executive chef Nguyễn Minh Nguyện of Movenpick Hotel Hanoi.
This and next week, Nguyện and his talented team promise to spice up your taste buds with authentic Thai and Chinese delicacies at Mangosteen Restaurant. These include Thai som tam salad and Thai tom kha gai and Chinese’s malahaize, tofu skin roll, black pepper beef, fried tiger prawn and summer delight.
Ingredients: serves 1
- 120g beef slice
- 110ml coconut milk
- 30g chili panang paste
- 25ml Thai sauce fish
- 30g sugar palm
- 5g Kaffir lime leave finely chopped
- 10g red chilli powder
- 100 ml stock chicken
- Remove brown beef from heat as soon as it is no longer pink outside.
- Drain the beef.
- Heat curry paste and add ginger, chili and garlic.
- Add 2/3 coconut milk and stir.
- Add all remaining spices and mix in the rest of the coconut milk.
- Add sugar and stir well.
- Add beef and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Use the remaining coconut milk in the can to cook with rice or make dessert.
You can sample the dish on the second floor, Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, 83A Lý Thường Kiệt St, Hoàn Kiếm Dist. Tel: 04-38222800 (Ext 6201).