Hemisphere seafood broth
with chef Patrick Morris from Sheraton Ha Noi Hotel
This March, let’s indulge yourself in a whole new flavour of ocean, brough by chef Morris from Sherato Ha Noi Hotel.
Ingredients: serves 1
- 500ml fish stock
- 1 white onion
- 1 fennel
- 1 carrot
- ½ bunch celery
- 5 tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 20g fennel seeds
- 40g tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100ml White wine
- 100g butter
- 20g parsle
- For Seafood:
- 2 king prawns
- 120g fresh salmon
- 100g new Zealand mussels
- 2 fresh Japanese scallops
- 60g fresh sweet clams
- 60g fresh squid
- Medium dice all vegetables (keep tomatoes separate).
- In a large pot Sautee all vegetables except tomatoes.
- Add fennel seeds and bay leaf continue to Sautee
- When vegetables have slightly browned add tomato paste and cook on low for 5 mins.
- Deglaze with white wine then add fish stock, chopped tomatoes and season to taste.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat and cook on low temp for 1 hour.
- Peal prawns and clean add the shell and head to stock
- Cut the salmon in to nice pieces (large dice).
- Pull the beards off the mussels.
- Cut squid in half then score in a diamond pattern and cut into pieces.
When soup is finished strain through a very fine strainer and put back on the stove to boil.
Once boiled poach the seafood starting with the mussels and clam followed by the prawns then the squid then the salmon and scallops once all seafood is cooked remove from soup and place in serving bowl then bring soup back to boil and take off heat and whisk in soft better little by little once butter has combined with soup pour over seafood and finish with fine chopped parsley.
You can sample the dish at floor 2, Sheraton Ha Noi Hotel, K5 Nghi Tàm St, 11 Xuân Diệu Road, Tây Hồ Dist, Hà Nội. Tel: 3719 9000/ 0903 420 955.