Thursday, July 2 2020


Quảng Nam extend unbeaten record after draw

Update: June, 29/2017 - 09:00
Sông Lam Nghệ An players celebrate their scoring in a 3-3 draw against Quảng Nam in the 15th round of the V. League yesterday. — Photo
Viet Nam News

HÀ NỘI — Quảng Nam’s goal in the dying minutes forced Sông Lam Nghệ An into a 3-3 draw in the 15th round of the V. League yesterday, at the Tam Kỳ Stadium.

Playing with only one foreigner, striker Olaha in the first team, Sông Lam Nghệ An were at a disadvantage against the host side who played with all three foreigners.

However, the visitors scored just several minutes after the beginning whistle.

Trần Phi Sơn broke through the left wing before entering the box and looping the ball over Quảng Nam’s goalkeeper Phạm Văn Cường. The ball hit the post and bounced to Ohala who volleyed into the net.

Coach Hoàng Văn Phúc asked his players to launch more attacks and they created many threatening attempts in the next 10 minutes. However, goalie Trần Nguyên Mạnh was effectively supported by defenders Quế Ngọc Hải and Hoàng Văn Khánh who made a strong wall in front of the Sông Lam Nghệ An area.

The former champions made it 2-0 three minutes before the interval.

Sơn received a perfect ball from Văn Đức and marked his name on the scoreboard.

Quảng Nam fought back in the second half and they narrowed the score with a close-range finish by Nguyễn Trung Đại Dương in the 55th minute.

It lifted Quảng Nam’s spirit and they quickly netted the second time when captain Đinh Thanh Trung tapped in from a far corner.

Coach Nguyễn Đức Thắng made several changes which led to their third goal.

Hồ Phúc Tịnh faced keeper Cường in a one-two situation and had no difficulty in scoring the winner in the 66th minute.

There were numerous chances for both sides but none of them was converted into a goal until the 82nd mark. Hà Minh Tuấn chose a right position to manage a pass from outside to Sông Lam Nghệ An’s box and he equalised the result for the hosts.

It was the fourth match in a row that Quảng Nam did not lose to Sông Lam Nghệ An.

In later matches, both two leading teams FLC Thanh Hóa and Hà Nội FC maintain their positions after draws.

Thanh Hóa were tied 0-0 by HCM City at the Thống Nhất Stadium in a match that the host president Lê Công Vinh stayed at a kiosk to sell tickets to fans.

Hà Nội were lucky to have a 2-2 match against SHB Đà Nẵng at Hòa Xuân Stadium which saw Hà Nội’s striker Hoàng Vũ Samson sent off because he was involved in some violent on-field action.

Teofilo Soares Eydison and Đỗ Merlo scored for SHB Đà Nẵng while Arnaud Loris netted a double for Hà Nội.

Samson kicked into Britez’s head in his attempt to steal the ball and referee Ngô Duy Lân gave him a red card in the 30th minute.

Britez then played with a bandaged head.

It was not the first time Samson had displayed such dangerous behaviour. He stepped on Hoàng Anh Gia Lai’s Châu Ngọc Quang’s thigh in the third round match in January and was penalised for head-butting a Ceres-Negros player in the group round of the AFC Cup in April.

Thanh Hóa are on top with 30 points, two more than Hà Nội.

In an early match of the round, Hoàng Anh Gia Lai, who have seven players called up for the national U-22 squad, were trounced 0-3 by Cần Thơ 0-3.

Captain Nguyễn Công Phượng has not found his scoring skills, missing at least two chances for Hoàng Anh Gia Lai in the second half.

His teammate Nguyễn Văn Toàn was unfit with the goal like he was since the start of the league. He could not score although staying in front of the net.

Cần Thơ, playing on their home turf, were confident and netted two in the first half by Nsi and Văn Thành and one in the second by Việt Phong.

Hải Phòng came from behind to beat bottom-placed Long An 3-2 at their Lạch Tray Stadium.

Long An’s midfielder Hà Vũ Em shot to open the score in the 27th minute. It was 2-0 for the visiting side 50 minutes later when Nguyễn Tài Lộc had a straight shot.

Hải Phòng, however, did not give up. They created a fight back in the last 15 minutes with Andre Diego Fagan, Nguyễn Đình Bảo and Errol Anthony Stevens successfully.

“We are really disappointed with the loss. But I will try to encourage my players to be ready for the next game against Quảng Ninh Coal,” said coach Nguyễn Minh Phương.

Phương said despite the defeat his players made a fair-play game and deserved local and Hải Phòng’s fans’ strong support.

Elsewhere, former champions Becamex Bình Dương lost 1-3 to Sài Gòn FC and Quảng Ninh Coal beat Sanna Khánh Hòa 2-1. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: