Friday, September 25 2020

VietNamNews

Locked down hospital reopens after one month

Update: August, 26/2020 - 18:37

 

Nurses at the Đà Nẵng General Hospital celebrate after lockdown was lifted on Tuesday. The hospital will fully resume operations in several days. — Photo courtesy Lê Hùng 

ĐÀ NẴNG — One more hospital in Đà Nẵng has opened after a month of disinfection after the COVID-19 outbreak, but strict safety conditions will remain in place.

Director of the city’s General Hospital, Dr Lê Đức Nhân said the lockdown was lifted on Tuesday evening, but it could only manage operations at 30 per cent capacity.

He said the hospital has 2,000 staff, but only 350 are available as the others are at quarantine centres, while 150 have been helping COVID-19 patients at the city’s Lung Disease Hospital.

Nhân said the hospital will resume full capacity when all medical staff return.

“We only offer treatment to patients with serious ailments at the moment, and all patients and medical staff will be trained on precautions,” Nhân said.

Last week, Hoàn Mỹ Đà Nẵng Private Hospital began receiving patients after a month-long lockdown after a COVID-19 patient had visited the site.

Restrictions were eased at some markets and residential areas in the city after testing results came back negative.

The city’s Centre for Disease Control (CDC) will conduct a mass test of all students and teachers before the high-school examination from August 26 to September 1.

At least 40 students who had close contact with SARS-CoV-2 positive cases will be assigned to isolated rooms during the examination.

Authorities from Đà Nẵng have called for support and co-ordinations from neighbouring provinces and cities to host residents, students and workers coming home from Đà Nẵng.

At least 10,000 stranded students, residents and workers from different provinces have registered to come home. Special trains and flights will be arranged to carry stranded people.

Quảng Nam Provincial health department has been keeping a close watch on a COVID-19 patient (No 564) who was infected again with SARS-CoV-2 on August 22.

The department said the 19-year-old patient, who had been treated at the hospital for two weeks in early August, had fully recovered from COVID-19 after testing negative four consecutive times. She was taken home for isolation.

However, she tested positive with the coronavirus again in August – four days after leaving the hospital.

Social distancing orders were officially eased in Quảng Ngãi City from Tuesday evening after the province did not report positive cases for 16 days.

The province said coffee shops and restaurants are opened as well as meetings and weddings, but attendees will be limited to 50. Face masks, hand-washing and a two-metre distance are still required in public.

Up to 341 workers returning from Đà Nẵng last week tested negative for SARS-CoV-2 on Monday. These workers have been isolated at quarantine centres for two weeks. — VNS

  • Tags:

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: