Friday, September 21 2018

VietNamNews

Investor banned from dumping 2.3 million cubic metres of soil at sea

Update: August, 14/2018 - 16:20
A view of the Hòn La Sea Port, which is near the area where the investor intended to bury 2.3 million cubic metres of soil. — Photo baodansinh.vn
Viet Nam News

HÀ NỘI — The investor of an infrastructure project at the Quảng Trạch Electricity Centre had been told not to dump 2.3 million cubic metres of soil into waters near Hòn La Island, according to Vũ Trường Sơn, deputy director of the Vietnam Administration of Sea and Islands under the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE).

Sơn said that MONRE had approved an environmental protection report from the project’s investor that said it should be allowed to dump soil in designated areas providing it did not affect local residents’ lives, but that did not mean it should be allowed to bury all of 2.3 million cubic metres of soil at sea.

Sơn added that the investor must ask for permission from the provincial People’s Committee and MONRE before it treated and disposed of the waste soil. — VNS

 

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: