|Alcohol poisoning patients receive treatment at the hospital. — VNA/VNS Photo|Viet Nam News
QUẢNG NAM — Four persons have died, and one is in critical condition after drinking rice spirit in the central province of Quảng Nam.
The five residents of Nam Giang District bought and drank rice spirit from a grocery store on Tuesday after finishing their field work.
On Wednesday, they had difficulty in breathing and lost consciousness. All were taken to the Nam Giang health centre for emergency treatment. Two died at the centre.
Two others died late on Thursday after being transferred to the Đà Nẵng Hospital.
“The remaining person is being treated at the North Quảng Nam General Hospital and is in a critical condition,” said Lê Quang Vịnh, head of Nam Giang police.
The district authorities have confiscated the rice spirit for investigation. — VNS