Sunday, July 22 2018

VietNamNews

Thái Nguyên warns about rising streptococcus suis infection cases

Update: June, 06/2018 - 09:00
Thái Nguyên Central Hospital has raised a warning over rising streptococcus suis infections, after two fatalities were reported within less than a week of each other.– Photo baogiaothong.vn

THÁI NGUYÊN – Thái Nguyên Central Hospital has raised a warning over rising streptococcus suis infections, after two fatalities were reported within less than a week of each other.

Dr Lê Hùng Vương, head of the hospital’s Intensive Care and Anti-poison Department said that at least two patients died of streptococcus suis infection after eating unhygienic meat.

Ma Đình Du, 34, was hospitalised after cooking and eating meat from a dead goat on May 27. He suffered from vomiting, severe stomache ache and breathing difficulties. He died one day later.

La Văn Hào, 49, was in the same condition after being hospitalised on May 31. The patient’s family said they had no idea what kind of food he had eaten previously.

Hùng warned that streptococcus suis infection is on the rise due to humid and hot weather. People should not eat raw meat, meat from ill or dead animals and blood soup, to protect themselves from being infected. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: