Wednesday, February 26 2020


Man injured in petrol station fire

Update: September, 05/2016 - 11:46

ĐỒNG NAI – Đồng Nai General Hospital yesterday received a 22-year-old man with serious burns all over his body.

The man, from Trảng Dài Ward, Biên Hòa City, is now being treated at the HCM City-based Chợ Rẫy Hospital after receiving first aid at Đồng Nai General Hospital.

The man reportedly smoked while filling up at a petrol station in Hòa Bình Ward, Biên Hòa City, sparking a fire that left him with serious burns.

Petrol station workers put out the flames with fire extinguishers and took him to the hospital.

In another development, the Bình Dương Police yesterday checked the scene as part of their investigation into a boarding-house that went up in flames, leaving three people seriously burnt in Tân Đông Hiệp Ward, Dĩ An Town.

An initial investigation showed that at 2am yesterday, Trần Văn Đông, 26, was sleeping in the boarding-house when he smelled petrol. Then the house caught fire.

Đông shouted for help and ordered his wife, Nguyễn Thị Mai Phương, 26, and Phương’s younger sister, Nguyễn Thị Lan Anh, 19, to run out. But they couldn’t because the door was locked.

They were saved by their neighbours 15 minutes later, but were seriously injured.

Their relatives said two days earlier, Lan Anh had received a threatening message from her ex-boyfriend for saying goodbye to him.—VNS


Send Us Your Comments:

See also: