Prime members in Singapore ordered more itemsthan ever before during the Prime Day event, surpassing Cyber Monday, BlackFriday and the launch of Prime Now
More members in Singapore joinedPrime on 17 July than on any other single day since its launch
SINGAPORE - Media OutReach - 19 July 2018 - (NASDAQ:AMZN) - For the first time, Prime members in Singaporejoined members in 16 other countries to celebrate Prime Day, Amazon's exclusiveshopping event for Prime members. Members in Singapore ordered more items thanever before during the Prime Day shopping event, surpassing Cyber Monday, BlackFriday and the launch of Prime Now in July 2017 when comparing the same 36-hour period. Some ofthe best-selling items sold were Coca-Cola Zero, Kleenex toilet tissue and Play-Dohplaysets.
"We wereexcited to bring Amazon's epic shopping event to Singapore for the first timethis year to say 'thank you' to our members," said Henry Low, director of PrimeNow Asia-Pacific. "We were thrilled by the response from Prime members and therecord-breaking number of new customers who joined Prime in Singapore to help makePrime Day Amazon's biggest global shopping event in its history."
SingaporeHighlights from Prime Day 2018
- Members inSingapore ordered more items than in any other 36-hour period since the launchof Prime Now in July 2017
- Prime welcomed more new members in Singapore on 17 July than on any other single day since its launch in December 2017
- Members enjoyed deals on a variety of categories including groceries, beauty products, consumer electronics and home appliances. Some of the best-selling items sold were Coca-Cola Zero, Kleenex toilet tissue and Play-Doh playsets.
- Members also received thousands of units of free gifts and samples including Glucose monitors, Authentic Tea House Oolong tea, Dettol soap, Dove shampoo and Carling beer, and enjoyed significant savings through credit card promotions.
Prime membership benefits in Singapore include:
- Free Two-Hour Delivery with Prime Now:Ultra-fast delivery on tens of thousands of items with free two-hour deliveryon orders over S$40, between 10am and 10pm daily. Items range fromgroceries to electronics, including a variety of new brands added to Prime Nowsince the launch such as Sunshine, Bebe Bamboo, Archipelago Beer, Kat Food,Razer and more.
- Free International Shipping on over 7 MillionItems: Unlimited free shipping in 7 to 9 business days on orders over S$60from the Prime Now App on more than 7 million international products shippedfrom Amazon US. Products include a wide selection of top brands such as LeapFrog, Rubbermaid, Zojirushi, BCB Generation, The Children's Space, Pet Safe,Rebecca Minkoff, and Melissa and Doug.
- Amazon Prime Video: Prime members canstream or download popular and award-winning Prime Original series like TheGrand Tour, Golden Globe winner The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, thenewest season of Goliath starring Golden Globe winner Billy BobThornton, the highly anticipated Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan starringJohn Krasinski, which will premiere on August 31, 2018, as well as otherpopular movies and TV shows. Prime members can watch anytime, anywherevia the Prime Video app on Android and iOS phones and tablets, select SmartTVs, game consoles, Fire TV stick, Apple TV 3 or 4 or online at www.primevideo.com.
- Twitch Prime: Prime members enjoy aselection of free games every month, access to freein-game loot for some of the world's biggest games, like Fortnite, Callof Duty WWII, and Heroes of the Storm, a Twitch channel subscriptionevery 30 days, an expanded set of chat emotes and colors, an exclusive chatbadge, and more.
Every Day Made Better with Prime
Amazon Prime is now available in 17 countries,including Singapore. Over 100 million paid members around the world enjoy themany benefits of Prime, including shopping and entertainment. Since 2005, Prime has been focused on making customers' lives betterevery day. Start a free trial of Amazon Prime at www.amazon.com.sg.
Amazon is guided by fourprinciples: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion forinvention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking.Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime,Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets,Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneeredby Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.