Monday, August 20 2018

VietNamNews

SCG announces 20 per cent surge in sales

Update: July, 31/2018 - 09:00
Thai company SCG has reported a jump in first half revenues to $639 million. — VNS Photo
Viet Nam News

HCM CITY — SCG Vietnam has reported revenues of US$639 million in the first half of this year, a 20 per cent year-on-year jump.

In the second quarter, revenues had risen by an even more impressive 28 per cent to $371 million, the Thai company said.

SCG has a presence around Southeast Asia, with its three core businesses being cement and building materials, chemicals and packaging.

It has more than 200 companies in its group and approximately 57,000 employees.

It came to Việt Nam in 1992 as a trading business and has gradually diversified into cement, building materials, petrochemicals, and packaging.

It recently bought Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (Petro Vietnam)’s 29 per cent stake in Long Sơn Petrochemicals, in which it holds the remaining 71 per cent, and is scheduled to sign a $3.2 billion loan deal with local and international financial institutions in August.

The project’s engineering, procurement, and construction phase will start this quarter, and it is scheduled to go on stream by the first quarter of 2023. — VNS

 

 

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: