Viet Nam News
HÀ NỘI — Permanent Deputy Prime Minister Trương Hòa Bình yesterday asked the Hà Nội People’s Committee to verify information according to which nearly 5,000 people risked having their homes destroyed.
The information was reported in a story in the Lao động (Labour) newspaper, published on August 19. According to the story, nearly 1,000 households, in which 5,000 people resided, in Định Công Ward, Hoàng Mai District in Hà Nội, were asked to tear down their houses.
The land on which their homes were constructed would then be transferred to the Sao Vàng Joint-stock Company.
The company would use the land to build a complex containing an ecological park, villas, high-rise residential quarters and a plaza.
The story said nearly 1,000 households were unhappy with the project because many of them had been issued land use right certificates and had lived there for dozens of years.
Permanent Deputy Prime Minister Trương Hòa Bình asked the Hà Nội People’s Committee to verify the facts and report to the Prime Minister Nguyễn Xuân Phúc before September 15.
Research of the Lao động (Labour) newspaper’s correspondent showed that in May 1972, the Hà Nội People’s Committee licensed for the Định Công vegetables farm to widen the farm in Định Công Ward, Hoàng Mai District.
In June 2003, the Sao Vàng Company signed contract with the Hà Nội Agricultural Development and Investment Co Ltd to use land of the Định Công vegetable farm to build parks, ecological areas and amusement area.
In May 2004, the municipal people’s committee asked the Hà Nội Fruit, Vegetable and Technology Centre, which managed the Định Công vegetable farm, to set up projects of ecological park.
In December 2005 the Hà Nội People’s Committee approved a detailed scheme of Hoàng Mai District. And concerned organisations joined hand with the Sao Vàng Company to set up related scheme.
After many years of delaying, by the end of June this year, deputy chairman of the Hà Nội People’s Committee Nguyễn Thế Hùng said that setting up scheme of the ecological park was too slow.
But local residents said that the scheme was not suitable to the land’s function which was approved by former Prime Minister Phan Văn Khải in the Decision 108/1998/QĐ-TTg issued on June 20, 1998. — VNS