Two new COVID-19 cases, including one relating to Hà Nội’s Bạch Mai Hospital, were reported by the Ministry of Health Saturday morning.
The American patient said thanks to the doctors and that he was impressed with Việt Nam’s medical system in its efforts to control the COVID-19 pandemic.
Prime Minister Nguyễn Xuân Phúc on Friday reiterated the Government’s determination to protect public health in spite of having to sacrifice short-term economic gain.
Four new COVID-19 infections, including two cases related to the HCM City-based Buddha Bar cluster, were reported by the Ministry of Health on Friday afternoon, raising the national toll to 237.
Some 3,500 patients have been locked down in Bach Mai Hospital since March 28, including 800 in a serious condition, following an outbreak of COVID-19 with 25 cases confirmed so far.
The central province of Quảng Nam had sent 142 local people returning from HCM City to isolation sites in Tiên Phước, Quế Sơn, Thăng Bình and Núi Thành districts as of Friday.
The official said the city was also preparing for a worse scenario of 2,000-3,000 patients.
With community transmission of the deadly coronavirus confirmed, he said strictly practising social distancing was now of the utmost importance.
An Bình Commercial Joint Stock Bank (ABBANK) has donated VNĐ2 billion (US$84,803) to Hà Nội’s Bạch Mai Hospital, which has become a Covid-19 hotspot.
The five imported cases were all quarantined right after immigration so there are no risks of community transmission.