Pan-seared foie gras
Ông Táo’s Kitchen with chef Nguyễn Ngọc Quyên from Mövenpick Hotel Hanoi
PAN-SEARED FOIE GRAS
Pan-seared foie gras is elegant, delicious and easy to make. With simple ingredients such as foie gras, wine and apple purée, this delicate dish is a perfect treat for the festive appetites.
Ingredients: for 4 people
French foie gras: 240g
Salt, pepper, wine
1/2 tsp unsalted butter
Slices of kiwi, strawberries and blueberries (optional)
Chef Nguyễn Ngọc Quyên
1. Making apple puree
- Melt butter in a pan with moderate heat. When the butter begins to boil, add apples and wine. Stir well until apples are soft, about 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture into a blender and puree until smooth. Let cool naturally at room temperature.
2. Preparing foie gras
- Marinate foie gras with salt and pepper. Sear foie gras on a pan, 2 minutes for each side until golden brown.
- Add bone broth and vinegar to a saucepan, simmer until the mixture is reduced by half. Season to taste, lastly add butter and stir well.
- Using a small-sized cookie cutter with a round shape to cut the brioche into circles. Sear on a pan until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side.
- Place the brioche in the centre of a plate. Put the foie gras slices on the brioche. Drizzle the sauce on. Around the foie gras, spoon the apple puree, place slices of kiwi, strawberries and blueberries as garnishes.
You can sample this dish at Mangosteen Restaurant, Mövenpick Hotel Hanoi during the Festive Season. For reservation, please dial +84 24 3822 2800 extension 6201.