Viet Nam News
This autumn, enjoy one of Japan’s top delicacies with a new recipe from Chef Yukari Ikeda!
Ingredients: serves 1
· 2 cups bone broth
· 1 tablespoon sweet rice wine (sake or mirin)
· 1 tablespoon soy sauce
· 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
· 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
· 1 tablespoon tapioca starch or corn starch dispersed in 1 tablespoon water
· drizzle sesame seed oil
· salt to taste
· pepper to taste
To make stir-fried meat:
- Heat vegetable oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir beef until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Move beef to the side of the wok and add broccoli, bell pepper, carrots, green onion, and garlic to the center of the wok. Cook and stir vegetables for 2 minutes.
- Stir beef into vegetables and season with soy sauce and sesame seeds. Continue to cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 2 more minutes.
- In a small pan, stir in the broth, sweet rice wine, soy sauce, oyster sauce and hoisin sauce until simmering.
- Pour in the starch solution. Stir until the sauce is clear and thickened. Boil gently for seven to nine minutes until the sauce leaves no starchy sensation in the mouth.
- Take off the heat and drizzle in the sesame seed oil and stir.
- Taste the sauce and adjust seasonings.
-Add the sauce to stir-fried meat and vegetables.
You can enjoy the dish at Fortuna Hotel, 6B Láng Hạ St, Ba Đình Dist, Hà Nội. Tel: (84 – 4) 3831 3333 – 6435/6437/6413. Website: email@example.com