Viet Nam News
with chef Nguyễn Văn Tuân from Fortuna Hotel Hanoi
These gorgeous prawns are super-easy to recreate at home, and the beachfront setting is optional!
Ingredients: serves 1
3 raw shell-on king prawns, from sustainable sources
3 cloves of garlic
1 fresh red chilli
A few sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
50ml olive oil, ideally Spanish
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Peel the prawns, removing the heads and leaving the tails on. Run the tip of a knife down the backs of the peeled prawns and pull out and discard the dark vein.
- Peel the garlic and finely chop with the chilli (deseed if you like). Pick and finely chop the parsley leaves.
- Drizzle the oil into a shallow heatproof terracotta dish or a small frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the garlic and chilli and fry for 30 seconds to flavour the oil, before stirring in the paprika.
- Add the prawns and fry for 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through, adding most of the parsley when you turn the prawns.
- Squeeze half the lemon juice into the dish, then remove from the heat and sprinkle over the remaining parsley and a pinch of sea salt.
- Serve sizzling with warm crusty bread, the remaining lemon cut wedges for squeezing over, and a glass of good Spanish wine.
You can enjoy the dish at Fortuna Hotel, 6B Láng Hạ St, Ba Đình Dist, Hà Nội. Tel: (84 – 4) 3831 3333 – 6435/6437/6413. Website: email@example.com | fortuna.vn.