Viet Nam News
with chef Patrick Ho from Fortuna Hotel Hanoi
Sweetness reigns again this July! Let Fortuna Hotel Hanoi warm your heart with sweet delicious cream puffs. An easy-to-make recipe for this chilled autumn!
Ingredients: serves 4
· 1/2 cup (one stick) butter
· 1 cup water
· 1 cup flour
· 4 eggs
· 2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding (100ml each)
· 1 1/3 cup cold whole milk
· 226g sour cream
· Powdered sugar to taste
Chef Patrick Ho
To make the cream puffs:
- Preheat oven to 3750C.
- Melt stick of butter and water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Stir in flour and stir vigorously over low heat until mixture leaves the pan (comes off the sides) and is in a ball (about 1 minute).
- Remove from heat and cool for a couple of minutes.
- Beat in eggs (one at a time) with a mixer.
- Beat mixture until smooth and velvety.
- Drop walnut-sized spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake until dry, 20-25 minutes (maybe longer).
- Allow cream puffs to cool completely.
For the filling:
- Mix instant vanilla pudding with whole milk until the pudding is dissolved.
- Add sour cream until thick.
- Put mixture in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Slice the cream puffs in half and fill with the chilled pudding mixture.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
You can sample the cream puffs at Fortuna Hotel, 6B Láng Hạ St, Ba Đình Dist, Hà Nội. Tel: (84 – 4) 3831 3333 – 6435/6437/6413. Website: firstname.lastname@example.org | fortuna.vn.