Viet Nam News
with chef Nguyễn Văn Tuân from Fortuna Hotel Hanoi
An easy way to prepare delicious, sticky beef ribs on your grill. One thing to remember that the secret to indirect grilling is to make sure that the food doesn’t get any direct heat at all. This will quickly become one of your favourite go-to grilled beef rib recipes.
Ingredients: serves 4
- 1.8 to 2.3kg beef back ribs (about 10 ribs)
- 120ml ketchup
- 120ml honey
- 120ml green chilies, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard
The beef ribs
- Trim excess fat from beef ribs. Combine salt, pepper, and cayenne. Rub over the ribs. Preheat grill and prepare for indirect grilling with a drip pan. Place ribs on grill over drip pan and close the lid. Cook for about 3 to 3 1/2 hours over a medium low, indirect heat (try to keep the temperature under 265F/130C).
- To make the sauce:
- Combine onion, honey, ketchup, chili peppers, garlic, and mustard in a saucepan. Heat over a medium-low temperature, stirring until even and warmed through. When the ribs are nearly finished cooking, begin brushing the sauce on them until you get a thick coating.
- Once cooked through, remove from heat and let stand for 5 mins. Cut into individual ribs and serve. Make a little extra sauce to serve on the side.
You can enjoy the dish at Fortuna Hotel Hanoi, 6B Láng Hạ St, Ba Đình Dist, Hà Nội. Tel: (84 – 4) 3831 3333 – 6435/6437/6413. Website: email@example.com | fortuna.vn..