Friday, August 7 2020

VietNamNews

Hà Nội locks down alley and isolates pizza restaurant over COVID-19 case

Update: July, 29/2020 - 14:51

 

The pizza restaurant at 106 Trần Thái Tông Street in Cầu Giấy District – the workplace of the suspected case of COVID-19 in Hà Nội - has been isolated on Wednesday morning. — VNA/VNS Photo

HÀ NỘI — Hà Nội authorities have locked down an alley off Mễ Trì Thượng Street in Mễ Trì Ward of Nam Từ Liêm District on Wednesday morning after a local resident was suspected of being infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

The workplace of the patient – a pizza restaurant at 106 Trần Thái Tông Street in Cầu Giấy District – has also been isolated.

The Hà Nội Centre for Disease Control said the patient, who lives on Alley 230/26 Mễ Trì Thượng Street, has suffered from a high fever and cough after returning to Hà Nội from Đà Nẵng City.

He went to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases for tests. The first rapid test on Wednesday morning showed that the patient was positive for the virus.

Hứa Đức Minh, chairman of Mễ Trì Ward’s People’s Committee, said the committee has conducted an epidemiological investigation for the patient and got preliminary results on people in close contact with him.

The patient went to Đà Nẵng City for summer holidays with 29 family members from July 12 to 15.

Previously, on July 28, the city’s People’s Committee required all people returning to Hà Nội from Đà Nẵng City from July 8 to contact to health authorities for guidance and take rapid tests for the virus if showing symptoms of COVID-19.

As of Wednesday morning, eight more cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed, all in Đà Nẵng City, raising the total number of infections in Việt Nam to 446. — VNS

 

 

 

  • Tags:

Comments:

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: