Friday, October 18 2019

VietNamNews

Short circuit caused Rạng Đông fire: police

Update: September, 17/2019 - 18:52

 

The overview of the Rạng Đông light bulb warehouse in Thanh Xuân District’s Hạ Đình Ward, which has been destroyed by the fire on August 28. — VNA/VNS Photo Minh Sơn

HÀ NỘI The fire at the Rạng Đông light bulb warehouse in Hà Nội was caused by an electrical short circuit by a LED circuit board, according to police.

Speaking at a press conference on Tuesday, city police said the fire started on the second floor of the warehouse in Thanh Xuân District’s Hạ Đình Ward.

The fire was caused by an electrical short circuit of the LED circuit board, and quickly spread into the surrounding areas.

On August 28, a six-hour fire broke out at a warehouse of the Rạng Đông Light Source and Vacuum Flask JSC in Thanh Xuân District, destroying a third of the approximately 6,000 square-metre warehouses.

The incident sparked public concern about the 15-27 kg of mercury released into the environment.

On September 4, the Ministry of Health announced the level of mercury in the vicinity of the burnt-down area was safe for human health.

More than 50 tonnes of waste has been collected from the burnt warehouse after four days of clean-up. — VNS

 

  • Tags:

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: