|Police investigate the scene of the bombing that hit a bus carrying mostly Vietnamese tourists on December 28, 2018, near the Giza pyramids complex on the outskirts of Cairo, Egypt. — VNA/VNS Photo|Viet Nam News
CAIRO — The last three Vietnamese tourists wounded in a roadside bomb attack in Egypt late last year are set to leave hospital and travel back home on Wednesday. The Vietnamese Embassy in Egypt said the group is expected to arrive in HCM City early in the morning of Thursday.
Lê Thị Ngọc Hà underwent surgery on her legs, Trần Thị Kim Anh had surgery on one leg and Lê Phúc suffered injuries to his heel. However, "all are in a stable condition," the embassy said, quoting doctors from the Sheik Zayed Specialised Hospital in Cairo.
They would continue to receive medical attention at an orthopaedic hospital in HCM City, the embassy added.
Medical workers would also accompany them on their flight home.
The three were among a group of Vietnamese tourists on a bus, which was hit by a terrorist bombing near the pyramids of Giza at 6:15pm on December 28 (Egypt time), leaving three dead and 12 others wounded.
There were 18 people on the bus at that time, comprising 15 Vietnamese and three Egyptians. Nine Vietnamese tourists who sustained non-critical injuries or were unharmed in the attack returned to Việt Nam on January 1.
The bodies of the three dead victims were brought home on January 6.
Bảo Việt Insurance company said each family of the dead would receive VNĐ2.4 billion (US$103,370) and it also bore the transportation costs.
The medical expenses for those needing treatment in Egypt would also be paid for by the company.
The Vietnamese Embassy has recommended tourists and tourist agencies in the country to reconsider future tours to Egypt. — VNS