JOHANNESBURG,SOUTH AFRICA - MediaOutReach - 16 August 2019 - It is that time of the year again, when healthcare professionals,industry experts and leaders gather to discuss the impact of emergingtechnologies on their industry. Taking place at the Gallagher Convention Centre in Johannesburg on 8-9 October under the theme "Digital Building Blocks for a Patent-CentredHealthcare System", the 5th Healthcare Innovation Summit will attract hundreds of hospitalCxOs, medical practitioners, healthcare IT leaders, service providers andgovernment functionaries, as well as a carefully selected roster of local andinternational speakers.
#HISA2019 aims to address the manyhealthcare challenges that still exist in Africa, and critically assess theways in which emerging technology trends such as AI, IoMT, EHR, 3D printing,Big Data Analytics, AR & VR, Wearables and Blockchain can improvehealthcare.
This year's Healthcare Innovation Summit Africa plans to tackle clinical and systemic challenges facing Africanhealthcare and offer real-world technology solutions. Industry experts willshare how the adoption of emerging technologies is making things easier forboth health professionals and patients while also highlighting healthcaresuccess stories and global best practices.
- Gain the knowledge needed to become an agent of digital changewithin your healthcare institution.
- Find out how new technologies are transforming healthcare inAfrica.
- Hear about HealthTech advances and follow up on digitaltransformation success stories and best practices.
- Find solutions to healthcare data challenges and discover EHRimplementation strategies that work.
- Adopt models to pave a way to smart hospitals in Africa using arange of digital applications such as AI, computer-assisted surgery, IoMT,Cloud Computing and robotics.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Nomafrench Mbombo, Western Cape Minister, Department of HealthWestern Cape.
- Iain O'Neil, Deputy Director: Digital & Technology Strategy,Department for Health & Social Care, NHSX UK.
- Dr Bandile Masuku, Health MEC, Gauteng Department of Health.
- Dr Herman Myburgh, CEO & Co-Founder, HearX Group.
- Dr. Mwenya Kasonde, Assistant Director Global Health, Ministry ofHealth Zambia.
- Suren Govender, Group Chief Digital Officer, Life HealthcareGroup.
Key topics at this #HISA2019include:
- Paving the way to smart hospitals in Africa.
- Precision Medicine: A new era in patient-centred care.
- The role of technology in chronic disease management and control.
- Digital disruption in the pharmaceutical industry and its impacton the entire spectrum of drug development and clinical trials.
- The future of Oncology: Why data and analytics are critical.
- Electronic healthcare records: Best practices, challenges, andopportunities.
How to Participate:
Join as an attendee: Join localand international hospital CxOs, medical practitioners, healthcare IT leaders,service providers and government functionaries -- for two days of top-level content,case studies, live demos, breakaway sessions and plenty of networkingopportunities.
Join us as an exhibitor: Showcaseyour health-tech innovations, projects, and solutions. Put your organisation atthe centre of this one-of-a-kind gathering. Find new partnerships, investors,leads, and opportunities.
For more information about this conference, visit: https://www.healthcareinnovationsummit.co.za/