Firstprogramme details revealed for Asia's premier property summit, takingplace in Hong Kong, November 27-28
HONG KONG, CHINA - Media OutReach - 27September 2018 - World-renowned property summit MIPIM Asia 2018 willoffer a glimpse into the cities of the future, with this year's event carryingthe future-facing theme "Invest in a better tomorrow".
More than 900 property leaders from across thecontinent will gather to wonder how coming generations will live and work, atthe leading industry event, taking place in Hong Kong on 27-28 November.
Inviting contributors to imagine the world in 2030,the conference agenda will present real estate professionals with valuableinsights into hot topics including smartcities, sustainability and theblooming proptech boom -- as well asexploring retail trends and theever-growing investment opportunitiespresented across the world's most populous continent.
Playing the joint roles of property expo, industryconference and networking summit, MIPIM Asia is a regional spin-off of theannual MIPIM summit, hosted in Cannes every March and established as theworld's leading property market.
Following upcoming sister events including MIPIM UK(17-18 October) and MIPIM PropTech NYC (6 November), MIPIM Asia is organiserReed MIDEM's last major global property show of the year.
"I'm thrilled to cap an incredible and innovativeyear with our trademark event celebrating the world's most dynamic continent --MIPIM Asia," said MIPIM director Ronan Vaspart.
"Cities across Asia are consistently ranked amongthe fastest growing in the world, and Asia is expected to hold its status asthe fastest developing continent until at least 2030 -- the year we're askingprofessionals to imagine at MIPIM Asia in November.
"The real estate sector will play an integral rolein shaping the cities of tomorrow. At MIPIM Asia we will together consider howto make our evolving metropolises as smart, sustainable, durable -- andultimately, liveable -- as possible."
The first preliminary details of MIPIM Asia havenow been revealed. Highlights include:
- A packed programme of more than 30 conference sessions over two days,featuring headline keynote speakers, pertinent panel discussions, networkingevents and more.
- A special focus on how technology is transforming traditional propertyissues, at the all-new MIPIM ProptechAsia series -- an intensive standalone programme of eight sessions acrosstwo stages.
- A keynote speech on smart citiesfrom celebrated China expert Jonathan Woetzel, MGI Director and Senior Partnerat McKinsey & Company's Shanghai office and co-author of numerousinfluential books on regional business, including The One Hour China Book and Operation China: From Strategy to Execution.
- Detailed analysis of retail property trends on high streets acrossAsia-Pacific, including a fresh focus on the roles played by the F&B,culture and leisure sectors, as part of the annual Retail Forum Powered by MAPIC.
- The Belt& Road Forum -- a daylong series of sessions examining the collaborativeprospects presented by China's Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) in the UK,France, Russia and beyond.
- Networking opportunities with 900+ delegates representing 750 companies,including more than 120 C-level representatives booked to appear as guestspeakers.
- A forward-facing agenda exploring the future opportunities of employmentand lifestyle trends including co-workingand flexible workspaces.
- Regional winners of the prestigious MIPIMStartup Competition -- which celebrates the most promising and innovativeproperty start-ups -- will be revealed at MIPIM Asia on November 27. The contestis open to entries until the deadline of October 28, before the shortlistedfinalists are revealed on November 14.
See www.mipim.com/startup-competition/#HongKongfor more..
Notes for editors
About MIPIMAsia Summit
MIPIM Asia Summit is the annual property leaders' summit in Asia Pacific organisedby Reed MIDEM, is widely seen as a "must-attend" event for leading industryprofessionals. It features expert-led conference sessions, premium networkingaccelerators and an exclusive awards gala dinner over a two-day period. Distinguishedspeakers, senior executives, high-level business professionals and industryexperts from around the world will discuss the latest developments andprevailing trends in the property and retail industry. MIPIM -- the world'sproperty market is the leading and largest global property event. The four dayevent takes place annually in Cannes every March. 24,200 delegates attended in2017 with 5,000 investors, and 100 different countries being represented.
Founded in 1963, Reed MIDEM is an organiser of professional,international markets that are essential business platforms for key players inthe sectors concerned. These sectors are MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, MIPJUNIOR inCannes, MIP China in Hangzhou and MIP Cancun in Mexico for the television anddigital content industries; MIDEM in Cannes for music professionals; EsportsBAR in Cannes and in Miami for the esports business; MIPIM in Cannes, MIPIM UKin London, MIPIM Asia Summit in Hong Kong and MIPIM PropTech NYC in New Yorkand MIPIM PropTech Europe in Paris for the real estate industry; MAPIC inCannes, MAPIC Russia in Moscow, MAPIC Italy in Milan, MAPIC India in Mumbai andMAPIC Food & Beverage in Milan for the retail real estate sector. www.reedmidem.com
Reed Exhibitions is the world's leading events organiser, with over 500events in 30 countries. In 2017 Reed brought together over seven million eventparticipants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business.Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East,Asia Pacific and Africa and organised by 38 fully staffed offices. ReedExhibitions serves 43 industry sectors with trade and consumer events. It ispart of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics forprofessional and business customers across industries.
For additional information about the MIPIM Asia Summit and programme, pleasevisit here.
To register as press, please contact MIPIM Asia local PR partner.