Crab with XO sauce and glass noodles in a clay pot
with chef Nguyễn Văn Tuân from Fortuna Hanoi Hotel
Fancy and delicate, the clay pot crab with XO sauce and glass noodles will be a gastronomic hit this winter. With a similar name to an exclusive brandy cognac and famed for its alluring scent and intoxicating taste, the XO sauce showcases the true taste of the sea and enriches the freshness of the crab.
Chef Nguyễn Văn Tuân from Fortuna Hanoi Hotel
Ingredients for XO sauce:
100g dried prawns
30g salted fish
120g dried scallops
200g salted pork leg
100ml cooking oil
- Clean and mince dried prawns, salted fish and dried scallops.
- Stir-fry chopped shallot and garlic with cooking oil in a saucepan. Then add the chopped chili, dried prawns, salted fish and dried scallops and stir fry well.
Ingredients: serves 3-4
1.2kg (1) crab
50g XO sauce
30g glass noodles
20g green onion
10g oyster sauce
5g chicken powder
5g light soy sauce
- Clean and cut the crab into four pieces.
- Chop the green onion and celery into 2cm pieces.
- Dice ginger.
- Quickly deep fry crabs and set aside.
- Stir-fry chopped shallot and onion, ginger and XO sauce in a saucepan.
- Add crabs to the saucepan and stir well.
- Gradually add stock and turn down the heat to the minimum level and braise for five minutes.
- Add chicken powder, sugar, oyster sauce and light soy sauce to taste.
- Add glass noodles, celery and green onion, then put everything into a clay pot to serve.
This dish can be enjoyed at Fortuna Hotel Hanoi, 6B Láng Hạ Str, Ba Đình Dist, Hà Nội. Tel: 04 3831 3333, ext 6160 or visit fortuna.vn. VNS