|The fire broke out at around 9.15am in Kiên Giang Province's Rạch Giá City on Friday and spread quickly. — VNA/VNS Photo|
KIÊN GIANG — A huge fire that broke out at around 9.15am on Friday destroyed almost ten houses in southern Kiên Giang Province’s Rạch Giá City.
It took local firefighters around 45 minutes to stamp out the fire. No casualties were reported.
Nguyễn Thị Mỹ Chuyền, one of the home owners, said she discovered the fire in her living area while she was on the way to the market. She ran back home but the fire spread so quickly that she could not save anything. Her 100-sq.m house and all belongings were ruined.
The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault in one of the houses which was locked outside.
The case is under investigation. — VNS