|A man is in critical condition after eating white bean soup in An Giang. Photo vov.vn|
AN GIANG — Among 84 people suffering food poisoning after eating free bean soup in An Giang Province, one person died and three others are in critical condition.
The victim is a 63-year-old woman from Chợ Mới District who died three days after being treated at the province’s general hospital.
On February 4, as many as 84 people in Chợ Mới’s Long Điền Commune suffered a range of health diseases including stomach ache, vomiting and fever after eating white bean soup delivered for free by a local woman.
Among them 53 people recovered after taking medicine and 31 were sent to health facilities for treatment, of which four were transferred to the general hospital due to the severity of their conditions.
The woman delivering charitable soup said she prepared 20kg white bean, 8kg sticky rice, 10kg of coconut flesh and 24kg sugar to make soup on February 3 and deliver it for free to local residents and passersby.
An Giang’s authorities are further investigating the incident. — VNS