- New weekly less-than-container load (LCL)service between Duisburg and Chengdu further strengthens DHL's Belt and Road coverage
- Door-to-door lead time of up to 29 days provides a fast, reliable andflexible solution for smaller shipments
CHENGDU,CHINA - MediaOutReach - 28 September 2018 - DHL GlobalForwarding, the leading international provider of air, sea and road freightservices, recently launched its new weekly less-than-container load(LCL) rail service between Duisburg, Germany and Chengdu, the latest additionto its extensive Asia-Europe-Asia multimodal network.
The new LCL service has a door-to-door lead timeof up to 29 days, tracing the Belt and Road's Silk Road Economic Belt andcatering to rising demand from high-growth sectors including the automotive,manufacturing, and chemical sectors -- manyof which are based in Chengdu's industrial parks like the Chengdu Science City,Chengdu Hi-Tech Industrial Development Zone and more.
"With Sino-Germanbusiness and economic ties poised to grow stronger, the new LCL servicewill fill an important gap in what has long been standard for air, sea, androad transport," said SteveHuang, CEO, DHL GlobalForwarding Greater China. "Thefixed schedule service will not only provide a more frequent and consistentshipping route, but one that is agile enough to cater to businesses of allsizes; and adapt to commercial needs based on ongoing economic changesthroughout Asia and Europe."
The service supports smaller shipments between Europeand China, addressing the growing trend towards ad hoc shipments and lower-volume, just-in-time orders supportingChinese manufacturing and production. Businessesare expected to tap on the service to ship everything from spare parts, high-tech components, and rawmaterials up to finished goods: in 2016, China imported nearly $8.5bn invehicle parts and more than $1.2bn worth of integrated circuits from Germanyalone. 
"Since 2008, DHL Global Forwarding has beeninvesting in infrastructure and expanding our network offerings to help make theBelt and Road's vision of seamless freight connectivity a reality," said Huang. "This latest service will expand our product portfolio tosuit all shipment sizes with planned departure schedules for East-bound and West-bounddirections. With the recent US$23.6 billion deal signed in July to strengthentrade between Germany and China,our new service will connect people and businesses securely and reliably,bringing a new degree of flexibility that our customers in both regions willenjoy."
As the pioneer in innovative multimodalsolutions from China to Europe, DHL has been offering this suite of innovativeand flexible solutions since 2010, which connects China, Japan, Southeast Asiaand Taiwan to Europe.
- NorthCorridor: Suzhou to Warsaw; connects China's engineering and manufacturing hubsto pan-European demand in 14 days
- SouthCorridor: Lianyungang and Chengdu to Istanbul; traverses three Central Asiancountries -- Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, and Georgia -- as well as two sea transitsegments before arriving at Istanbul in 14 days
- WestCorridor: Chengdu to Lodz, and Zhengzhou to Hamburg; supporting high-tech,automotive, and retail manufacturers located in China with fast, andcost-effective access into Europe
- Seatransit: connecting Japan, Korea and Taiwan to China via ferry services, foronward journey to Europe; as well as Shanghai to Europe via Piraeus, Greece
- Roadconnection: linking manufacturing base in Vietnam to Europe via China
DHL -- The logistics company for the world
DHL is the leading global brand in the logistics industry. Our DHL family ofdivisions offer an unrivalled portfolio of logistics services ranging fromnational and international parcel delivery, e-commerce shipping and fulfillmentsolutions, international express, road, air and ocean transport to industrialsupply chain management. With about 360,000 employees in more than 220countries and territories worldwide, DHL connects people and businessessecurely and reliably, enabling global trade flows. With specialized solutionsfor growth markets and industries including technology, life sciences andhealthcare, energy, automotive and retail, a proven commitment to corporateresponsibility and an unrivalled presence in developing markets, DHL isdecisively positioned as "The logistics company for the world".
DHL is part of DeutschePost DHL Group. The Group generated revenues of more than 60 billion euros in2017.