Viet Nam News
with chef Trịnh Tuấn Cường from JW Marriott Hanoi Hotel
Having a crave for some snacks in mind? This chilly weekend, sit back and have a bite of seafood flavour. The dish is brought to you by chef Cường.
Ingredients: serves 2
To make batter:
150g Vietnamese crepe flour
35g corn starch
5g turmeric powder
2g spring onion, chopped, fined
15ml coconut milk
To make filling:
150g shrimp, peeled
100g pork neck
50g bean sprout
10g mung bean
Coriander, mints, basil, palm pepper leaves, perila leaves to taste
- Combine all batter ingredients except scallions in a large bowl for 15 minutes.
- Steam or soak mung bean and boiled pork until cooked and slice thinly.
- Steam shrimp and keep on the side.
- Wash bean sprout, veggies and herb.
- On medium high heat, add 1-2 teaspoon of oil. Add few pieces of pork and shrimp. - Sauté, lightly mix until very lightly browned. Pour in some batter and quickly tilt and rotate the pan so the batter is evenly spread.
- Add some mung beans, bean sprouts until slightly cooked. The batter should also be slightly cooked and transparent around the edges. Wait for the crepe to become crisp. Foil in half, transfer to plate and serve hot.
You can sample the dish at JW Marriott Hanoi Hotel, 8 Đỗ Đức Dục Road, Mễ Trì Dist, South Từ Liêm, Hà Nội. Tel: (04) 38335588. Website: www.jwmarriotthanoi.com, www.facebook.com/frenchgrill, www.instagram.com/french_grill.