Wednesday, December 2 2020


Quảng Nam moves further away from bottom with 2-1 win

Update: July, 08/2019 - 14:35


Hoàng Anh Gia Lai's striker Nguyễn Văn Toàn jumps up to avoid a tackle from a Quảng Nam's player during their V.League match yesterday. Quảng Nam won 2-1. — Photo

HÀ NỘI — Quảng Nam came from behind to beat Hoàng Anh Gia Lai 2-1 in their V.League match yesterday in the central highlands Pleiku City.

It was the second win of Quảng Nam over the same rival within a week.

They dumped Hoàng Anh Gia Lai out of the National Cup after a penalty shootout on Wednesday.

Yesterday’s match saw national midfielder Lương Xuân Trường play in the V.League for the first time after four months competing in the Thailand.

Trường however was on the bench and not introduced into the action until the 72nd minute.

The hosts did not need Trường to have their opening goal just nine minutes from the first whistle.

Captain Kim Bong-jin converted a penalty kick into the opener.

The goal sparked Hoàng Anh Gia Lai into life and they dominated the match for the next 20 minutes.

Against the run of play, former champions Quảng Nam found their equaliser after Nguyễn Như Tuấn stole the ball in the box and tapped in.

The second half was more balanced for both sides.

Quảng Nam went ahead at the 70th. Former national Đinh Thanh Trung’s shot was pushed out. The ball reached striker Hà Minh Tuấn who easily beat keeper Wieger Sietma.

The win helped Quảng Nam extend the gap with over bottom-place team Sanna Khánh Hòa. They are now 13th with 14 points, five more than Khánh Hòa.

Hoàng Anh Gia Lai stay in 11th place and also lost their striker Nguyễn Phong Hồng Duy for the next match after he was injured.

Duy suffered chest pains at the first half and was sent to the hospital for check after doctors said he might have a broken rib.

He is expected to be out for at least 10 days.

Khánh Hòa were beaten 1-3 by Thanh Hóa with new coach Vũ Quang Bảo getting off to a winning start in his first match.

Hosts Khánh Hòa found the opener seven minutes after the interval through Nguyễn Hữu Khôi. But it was their only real chance of the game.

Phạm Văn Nam scored for the visitors with a sweetly stuck long range effort which flew into the roof of keeper Tuấn Mạnh’s net.

Just three minutes later substitute Errols Stevens played a perfect ball into the box and striker Lê Văn Thắng nodded home to make it 2-1.

Making his debut, Stevens had a second assist, breaking the off-side trap before sending the ball to Kurtaj Gramoz who made it 3-1.

Lam Nghệ An drew with SHB Đà Nẵng 0-0 in a match of two former champions.

Elsewhere Bruno Cunha Cantanhede scored the only goal to help Viettel beat current leaders HCM City 1-0.

In today’s fixtures, Becamex Bình Dương will host Nam Định; defending champions Hà Nội will visit Hải Phòng, and Sài Gòn will entertain Quảng Ninh. — VNS

  • Tags:

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: