The Vinmec Nha Trang International General Hospital where the tourists were treated. — Photo vinmec.com
KHÁNH HÒA — Thirty-four of 37 Chinese tourists suffering from food poisoning in Khánh Hoà Province have been discharged from hospital in stable condition, said Lê Tấn Phùng, deputy director of the Khánh Hòa Department of Health on Wednesday.
The three remaining people are undergoing treatment at the Vinmec Nha Trang International General Hospital.
The 37 Chinese tourists are on tour with Phương Nam Việt Trade and Tourism Co Ltd. They had a buffet breakfast on Saturday at the Diamond Bay Condotel Resort in the province's Nha Trang City.
After the breakfast, they vomited, had bellyaches, diarrhoea and high temperatures.
The Khánh Hòa Department of Food Safety and Hygiene has established a working group to investigate the incident, Phùng said, adding that the department will release the results as soon as the clarification concludes, which might take some time as this incident involves foreigners. — VNS