Friday, October 19 2018

VietNamNews

Garment workers hospitalised after toxic gas leak

Update: September, 07/2018 - 17:30
Workers from Trấn Yên KNF Garment Company in Trấn Yên District’s Cổ Phúc Town are rushed to hospital for treatment after inhaling toxic gas. – Photo baoyenbai.com.vn
Viet Nam News

YÊN BÁI — Dozens of garment workers in the northern province of Yên Bái were taken to hospital after being exposed to toxic gas. The workers became ill after a large amount of oil was burnt due to an air compressor malfunction, pumping noxious fumes into the working area.

On the afternoon of September 6, workers at Trấn Yên KNF Garment Company in Trấn Yên District’s Cổ Phúc Town reported symptoms of poisoning, including nausea, breathing difficulties and dizziness. Some of the workers fainted.

As many as 44 workers were rushed to hospital, while others were evacuated from the factory floor.

Nguyễn Đức Mầu, vice chairman of the district’s People’s Committee, said all victims were in a stable condition this morning.

The committee has asked the company to halt operations to ensure the safety of workers.

It has also demanded the company quickly solve the gas leak. The process was estimated to last two days. — VNS

Send Us Your Comments:

See also: