HCM CITY — Five people were hospitalised for acid burns when a can of acid was dropped as soon as an acid buyer left a stall in HCM City’s Kim Biên Market on Saturday.
The market’s chemical manager said that the weak acid was being sold as floor cleaner. Local authorities are dealing with the case.
Kim Biên market is known as the “market of death” for its sale of toxic, and sometimes, banned chemicals. With more than 100 shops selling industrial chemicals, it has been in operation for more than 50 years. Illegal trading of chemicals has long caused concerns over food safety and posed fire and explosion risks in residential areas. — VNS