Saturday, January 23 2021


Three die from suspected gas leak

Update: April, 25/2016 - 09:00
One of six gas asphyxiation victims is treating at  Cái Nước General Hospital.— Photo

CÀ MAU — Three people died and six others were hospitalised for gas asphyxiation on Saturday morning in Hưng Mỹ Commune, in the southernmost Cà Mau Province’s Cái Nước District, after a biogas tank purportedly leaked near their houses.

The 52-year-old Nguyễn Văn Tặng, his wife and a neighbour died from asphyxiation as Tặng attempted to fix his family’s biogas pipe, which had been found leaking before.

Director of Cái Nước General Hospital Bùi Văn Đức said other victims remain in critical condition. Local authorities are investigating the case further.

In a biogas system, organic waste is turned into methane gas, which many people in rural areas use for cooking and heating. — VNS


Send Us Your Comments:

See also: