|Students at Hạ Long General Hospital. — VNA/VNS Photo
HÀ NỘI — Thirteen students from Hoành Bồ High School, Hạ Long City, in the northern province of Quảng Ninh, were taken to hospital for emergency medical attention on Monday after consuming what is suspected to be cannabis-laced candies.
Five urine samples out of the 13 tested positive for cannabis.
The students suffered from abnormal health issues described as similar to food poisoning, such as limb numbness, headaches, nausea and stomach pains, and bodywide discomfort, before being brought to Hạ Long General Hospital.
According to initial information the police obtained from students whose conditions have improved, during the morning class, they ate the candies that a male classmate bought from a cafe.
The wrappings of the candies, Medicated Nerds, indicated having tetrahydrocannabinol content, a psychoactive substance.
Police are further investigating the case. Cannabis is illegal in Việt Nam. — VNS
|A photo of the candies that the students consumed on Monday morning. — VNA/VNS Photo