- Top Employers Institute commends DHLExpress in Asia Pacific and ten countries for diversity, inclusion andopportunities for talent growth
- DHL Express has received 44 awards forits workplace culture in 2018 -- bringing the total number of awards won since2014 to 190
SINGAPORE - Media OutReach - 12 December2018 - DHL Express, the world's leadinginternational express services provider, has been named 2019 Top Employer forAsia Pacific as well as nine countries and territories in the region: Australia,Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailandand Vietnam.
2018 HR infographic
DHL Express team at the awards ceremony for Top Employer 2019
The award was conferred by TopEmployers Institute, a global organization recognizing excellence in employeeconditions, making this the fifth consecutive year that DHL Express hasreceived the award for Asia Pacific. This further establishes the company as aregional leader in employment practices and talent development, with aworkplace culture built on respect, recognition and equal opportunities.
"It is an honor to beacknowledged as a leading employer and an excellent workplace in Asia Pacificonce again, and this is a strong testament to the hard work and effort that allour employees invest in harnessing this winning culture in DHL -- one that isbuilt on respect and results," said Ken Lee, CEO, DHL Express Asia Pacific. "Westrongly believe that this culture resonates with our employees, who aremotivated to give the best to our customers every day. We remain committed toproviding the right opportunities for our employees, so they can be best equippedto deliver the world-class results that our customers rely on to grow theirbusinesses."
The Top Employer award has consistently recognizedDHL Express' sustained investment in talent growth, including its CertifiedInternational Specialist (CIS) and Certified International Manager (CIM)programs that have trained, to date, over 60,000 employees in Asia Pacific. Thisseries of training is meant to create a powerful sense of community thatenables employees to combine best-in-class product quality with incomparableservice excellence.
"We've always valued theimportance of training and development, to ensure our employees remain at theforefront of the industry, to keep abreast of what we can do, to meet the fullrange of our customers' needs," saidA. Mateen, Senior Vice President, Human Resources, DHL Express Asia Pacific. "Everyonein the DHL family is critical to the company's success, and we take follow-upaction based on feedback from our annual Employee Opinion Survey veryseriously. This has helped us to establish a workplace culture where everyonehas a stake, to grow professionally and to propel the business further."
In 2018 alone, DHL Expressreceived a total of 44 awards for its workplace and corporate culture in AsiaPacific. This year's string of accolades are the latest additions to the146 other awards that DHL Express Asia Pacific has received since 2014, manywith strict judging criteria based on employee feedback.
Some of the notable highlights include:
- DHL Express was named Best Employer 2018 for Asia Pacific by human capitalfirm, Aon Hewitt -- an accolade conferred to DHL Express which has won thisrecognition in five other countries across the region: India, Malaysia,Philippines, Singapore and Thailand.
- In Asia Pacific, DHL Express was also ranked second on the list of Asia'sBest Multinational Workplaces 2018, by Great Place to Work®.
- DHL Express has been recognized as the sixth best place to work globally ina 2018 employer ranking from Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE.
In addition to the CIS and CIM programs, DHL Expressregularly organizes activities that celebrate and recognize employees'dedication, and cultivate employee engagements at all levels. These includeinitiatives such as 'Staff Appreciation Week' and 'Employee of the Year'. Mostrecently in August 2018, DHL Express held its DHL AsiaCup in Singapore -- an annualemployee football and cheerleading event involving more than 1,000 employees,to rally teams across the region to build an even stronger employee network andcelebrate their successes.
Note to Editors:
DHL Express Asia Pacific receiveda total of 44 accolades in 2018. Some of the highlights include:
- "Best Employer" 2018 --Asia Pacific
- "Best Employer" 2018 -- India, Malaysia,Philippines, Singapore and Thailand
- "Top Employers Award" 2018-- Asia Pacific
- "Top Employers Award" 2018-- Australia, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore,Thailand
Great Place toWork®Institute
- Ranked 2nd Asia's BestMultinational Workplaces 2018 -- Asia Pacific
- Great Place to Work 2018 --Australia, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore,Thailand and Vietnam
- Best Workplace in 2018:India, Japan
- 25 Best Workplaces in2018: Sri Lanka
- 100 Best Companies to Workfor -- South Korea
- Best Companies to Work for2018 in Greater China -- Hong Kong, Taiwan
DHL -- The logistics company for the world
DHL is the leading global brand in thelogistics industry. Our DHL family of divisions offer an unrivalled portfolioof logistics services ranging from national and international parcel delivery,e-commerce shipping and fulfillment solutions, international express, road, airand ocean transport to industrial supply chain management. With about 360,000employees in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide, DHL connectspeople and businesses securely and reliably, enabling global trade flows. Withspecialized solutions for growth markets and industries including technology,life sciences and healthcare, energy, automotive and retail, a provencommitment to corporate responsibility and an unrivalled presence in developingmarkets, DHL is decisively positioned as "The logistics company for the world".
DHL is part ofDeutsche Post DHL Group. The Group generated revenues of more than 60 billioneuros in 2017.