“Our customers’ lives have evolved as the pandemic has changed their lifestyles and priorities. For many of them, meaningful experiences and unforgettable adventures are not just found abroad anymore, but also here in Singapore. Our diversified benefits reflect their many new desires to travel, stay home, wine and dine and create those unique experiences,” said Mr. Marlin Brown, the newly appointed American Express Singapore Country Manager.
New benefits worth up to S$1,200 in statement credits each year, starting in early 2023
Card Members can enroll via the Amex mobile app or website to enjoy these new credits from early 2023:
- S$400 in Dining Credits comprising S$200 for use at participating local restaurants, and S$200 at participating restaurants overseas.
- S$400 in Lifestyle Credits with a minimum spending at participating lifestyle retail partners.
- S$204 in Entertainment Credits per year for monthly news or music streaming services.
- S$200 in Airline Credits for ticket purchases with a minimum spending at Singapore Airlines.
With the introduction of these new credits, the existing S$800 in travel credits (comprising S$400 in air travel credits and S$400 in lodging credits, for bookings made through the Platinum Concierge) will be discontinued on 31 January 2023.
Card Members can continue to enjoy all other existing benefits, services and rewards that come with the Platinum Card, including:
- 5 Membership Rewards® points for every S$1.60 spent on eligible Singapore Airlines and Scoot ticket purchases.
- Exclusive priority access to concerts and experiential dining such as the Chef Residences, and access to Tower Club.
- Global Lounge Collection: With access to more than 1,400 airport lounges in 650 cities, including American Express’ own Centurion Lounges and Priority Pass lounges, the Global Lounge Collection provides access to the most airport lounges among all Singapore-issued card.
- Fine Hotels + Resorts benefits: Platinum Members receive perks worth up to S$800 including complimentary daily breakfast for two, early check-ins, late check-out when they book at over 1,300 Fine Hotels and Resorts properties via the American Express Travel Online website or the Platinum Concierge.
- Elite status at retail and hotel loyalty programmes: Card Members can also gain elite status with complimentary membership upgrades from partner retail and hotel loyalty programmes, with no minimum stay required, such as Marriott Bonvoy™ Gold Elite Status, Hilton Honors Gold Status and Radisson Rewards Premium Status.
The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.
Card Members who sign up for The Platinum Card between 3 November 2022 and 31 January 2023 can receive up to 125,000 Membership Rewards points if they spend a minimum of S$20,000 in the first three months of their Card Membership. This is enough to redeem a return Business Class trip to Hong Kong or Taiwan, based on Singapore Airlines Business Saver Awards published as of 5 July 2022. In addition, Card Members who sign up and receive their Card during the period mentioned above will receive the existing S$800 in travel credits before it is discontinued on 31 January 2023 and will be able to enroll for the new credits from early 2023.
For more details, or to apply for the Card, please visit
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at