|A tour of the Trà Sư Cajaput forests in the Mekong province of An Giang. — VNS File Photo |Viet Nam News
HCM CITY — The UK-based travel website Rough Guides has listed six must-see places along the country’s coast. They include:
- Mũi Né (Né Cape): Located 23 km from Phan Thiết City in Bình Thuận Province, Mũi Né is one of the most popular vacation spots in the country. This seaside paradise has added to its vacation value by offering many exciting water sports like windsurfing, surfing, jet-skiing and kayaking.
- Hạ Long Bay: Located 180km to the east of Hà Nội, Hạ Long Bay is possibly the most well-known natural beauty in Việt Nam. It became better known after it was recognised as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1994.
- Sài Gòn: The cosmopolitan city deserves the plaudits it regularly gets from all quarters. Last April, the southern megacity of skyscrapers and French heritage buildings was voted by readers of the UK travel site as the place to go for the best nightlife experience in Southeast Asia.
- Hà Nội: Wandering in the city’s Old Quarter and its 36 guild streets gives travellers the opportunity to find places where time has stood still. Then there is the iconic Long Biên Bridge which spans the Red River. Among the myriad pagodas that continue to exude serenity amid the urban bustle are Trấn Quốc Pagoda and Ngọc Sơn Temple, which is in the middle of Hoàn Kiếm Lake.
- Hội An: The historic nature of Hội An has made it a favorite attraction for both local and foreign visitors. The charm of Hội An lies in the tranquility and slow pace of life it still offers. It glows with innumerable colors during the lantern festival, held on the 14th day of each lunar month.
- The Mekong Delta: The Mekong Delta is an awesome place to visit throughout the year, but it really comes into its own during the flooding season from July to the end of November. — VNS